Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Key Lime Pie Cupcakes

You've seen this picture before:


And I told you about the original cake here.

I made Key Lime Pie Cupcakes again on Thursday, and I think it's time I let you in on this little secret of summer dessert heaven.

The recipe is from Betty Crocker, and this little gem arrived in my inbox sometime last summer, as I am a subscriber to their newsletter. The recipe is so simple: Make a white cake, whip up an easy Key Lime filling, poke holes in the cake, pour the filling over the cake, frost it, enjoy.

But when I tried to convert the cake recipe to a cupcake recipe I noticed something: I had a LOT of left over Key Lime filling.

This time, though. This time, I had this little magic tool:

{source}
The Cupcake Plunger allows you to core the middle of your cupcake leaving you a perfectly round hole just waiting to be filled with Key Lime Goodness. (Just don't shove the plunger all the way through the cupcake!) That means, when you bite into your cupcake, you're greeted with the creamy Key Lime filling for every.single.bite. This little tweak? Let's just say, it got rave reviews!

What's your favorite summertime dessert? Share a link in the comments!
post signature

1 comment:

Kimberly Michelle said...

Oooh! A cupcake plunger!!! I must get me one of these, and quick!