Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Weekend Update

It was a lovely long weekend for me (though the hubs had work yesterday...) so I thought I'd let you know a little of what I did...or rather, what I bought.

I got one of these for my birthday in December:


It's a scrapbooker's/crafter's dream! I love my Cricut, and it's already gotten some good use as I'm making the baby book for my niece-to-be, Hannah Grace.

In order for a Cricut to be truly useful, you need cartridges. There are all sorts of cartridges for every life stage, event and Disney Movie. So this weekend, I added the "New Arrival" cartridge to my collection.




I'm so excited to get this cartridge (I ordered it, so I was denied instant gratification) because that means I'll get to start on the baby shower invitations for my sister. Look at all the SUPER cute stuff you can do with this cartridge!





The best part? The price. Joann's is having a sale on Cricut Cartridges. But have you heard of Oh My Crafts? They have craft supplies for just about everything. And I got this retail-priced $80 cartridge...for $33.49 SHIPPED. And that's pretty awesome.

Also on the crafting front this weekend, I got all the yarn I'll need to make birthday presents for my Shady Ladies. I'll have pictures of these projects once they get started. Let's just say I have a lot of crocheting to do in not a lot of time. Out of the 8 of us, 5 have birthdays in February, 1 in March and 1 in April. I'm the weirdo with a December birthday! But, that means I have a lot of scarves to make in not much time. Good thing I've got several road trips and other opportunities to multi-task my crocheting...!

What are your favorite crafts? Any new or exciting uses for a Cricut I should know about? Anyone want to pay me to stay home and craft all day? Pretty please???

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend, and welcome back to work!
post signature

2 comments:

EmilySarah said...

That sure is a fancy thing!

Crocheting is my favorite!
I started knitting when I was ten, and I was hardcore into that until about...two years ago when one of my grandmothers taught me all kinds of things to do with one magical hook. How I ever did without it, I'll never know.

Sadly, though, practicing injection and IV techniques has taken over craft time. I'll get back to normal someday...

Valerie said...

I love my cricut!! One of the best things ever! I will have to check out that website :)