Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Thirteenth(?) Day of Christmas

Day 13: Favorite Cookie Recipe





There are only supposed to be 12 days of Christmas, but Aly & Molly were having too much fun to stop at just 12! Also, I skipped Day 11. I'll come back to it. I just have to take pictures of my decorations before I can show them to you!

So, onto a cookie recipe! I'll be honest, Summer B posted these a couple of days ago and I can't get them out of my head! I don't necessarily have a "go-to" cookie recipe, and technically these are "truffles" not "cookies," but I'm going with it! We had these all.the.time. in college. And my mom made a ton of them to serve at my wedding. They are YUMM-O!

O Balls
(as we referred to them in college. Make them and you'll know what the "O" stands for...)
Better known as Oreo Truffles

{lovingly borrowed from Summer B. }
1 package Oreos
1 8-oz block cream cheese
Almond bark and/or baker's chocolate
Red/green sprinkles (optional)

  • Mix Oreos and cream cheese using food processor (will help in chopping up Oreos. If you don't have a food processor, crush Oreos using a large Ziplock and a rolling pin. Or rock. Or hammer. Then stir in cream cheese.)
  • Roll dough into 1-1.5 inch balls
  • Melt Almond Bark and/or baker's chocolate according to package directions
  • Dip balls into Almond Bark/baker's chocolate to coat
  • Place on wax paper to dry
  • (optional) Top with sprinkles while chocolate is still wet, and/or drizzle with contrasting chocolate
  • Refrigerate until time to serve

My personal preference is for the ones covered in Almond Bark (or white chocolate). I find the ones covered in milk or dark chocolate are a little too rich to eat the 47 that I want to :) Be warned, you will want to eat the whole batch of these suckers...

What's your favorite Christmas recipe?

post signature

No comments: