Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Year Later {2}

See part {1}

On Friday morning the girls and I got up a bit early and ventured to one of my favorite places, Bath Junkie Knoxville. I could go on and on and on about the wonders of Bath Junkie, but in the interest of time, I'll just say this: Pick your product, create your scent, choose your color: Customized bath products designed by you. It.Doesn't.Get.Any.Better.Than.This.

My mom's dear friend Jill owns the Knoxville store with her son and daughter-in-law, and they pulled out all the stops for this absolutely lovely bridal brunch! We each got to create four products: Hydrating Body Mist, Salt Scrub, and two products of our choosing. Then we set to work creating our perfect scents and choosing our color. We ate a yummy breakfast provided my mom and opened bridesmaids' gifts while the Mix Masters whipped up our AWESOME products. Can I have my next birthday party at Bath Junkie???

{Those little bottles contain over 200 different scents to mix and match to create your own custom fragrance!}

{We are TOTAL Bath Junkies!}

After we changed our lives with bath products finished up at Bath Junkie, we went and "got our nails did" at Reuben-Allen School of Cosmetology. That's right, we got manis and pedis at a beauty school. And I got my hair done there the next day, too. AND.WE.SAVED.A.FORTUNE. If you have a beauty school near you, seriously, go by there, get a manicure, see how you like it. It's CHEAP. And still fabulous. 

Once we were all set with our fingers and toes painted up, we stopped by the church where my mom and her wonderful friends (including Jill, who went straight from our Bath Junkie Party to the church!) were decorating for the reception. 

Before I knew it it was time for the rehearsal, so we all gathered in the sanctuary to run through the day. I simply could not BELIEVE that in less than 24 hours I would be married to my best friend. 


After the rehearsal ended, we watched a slide show our friend Manna put together for us. Let me tell you, that woman is TALENTED, and there were very few dry eyes by the time it was over. Watching that slide show was one of my favorite parts of the weekend. 

Then it was time for dinner--what we were ALL waiting for! We ventured to the Chop House for some tasty goodness and homemade pound cakes made infamous by the hub's Aunt Dawn. YUM!

{We're getting married TOMORROW!!!!}

It was about this time when I remembered the embroidery place never called to tell me the handkerchiefs were ready to be picked up...More on this drama, and the events of the morning of the wedding tomorrow!
post signature

No comments: