- Designing. Lots & lots of designing. This is definitely a good thing. But man, it's kept me busy! I have plans to revamp this space, and actually post more on my other blog that I've yet to tell anyone about because I don't post there much and it's not pretty. But I designed my first-ever blog for someone, and as soon as I finish with these paying gigs, I'm going be devoting my attention to my own blogs. You should definitely follow Felicia, too. She's incredibly sweet and posts all sorts of home decor lovelies on her blog, The Dandelion Café. Anyway. More on that to come.
- Retreats. Last weekend was a young adult retreat that I'm on the design team for. The weekend before that was a youth retreat I chaperoned. This weekend is a team meeting for another youth/young adult event. The actual event is the weekend after next. BUSY.
- Work. Who knew it would take up so much time during the day?
- Cold weather. Leaves one totally uninspired sometimes, you know? Though we've certainly had it easy here in East Tennessee. And that weather last weekend? HEAVEN.
- Apartment drama. We have an impossible upstairs neighbor. And management is dragging their feet on making her unimpossible. This is stressful to me.
- Bridal shower and birthday party this weekend! Both for two of my best friends. It should be good times. And I'll have pictures! Yay!
- I started Weight Watchers at the beginning of the year. I've lost 7 pounds. I hope to lose 15 more. If I come up with anything awesome to share on this adventure, I will. But I'm not really into diet blogs, and I don't want to turn this into one. I will say this: An original Krispy Kreme donut is only 5 points. And an 8-pack of nuggets from Chick-fil-A is 7 points. I feel like both of these are 100% worth it :)
- I've been thinking a lot about what a person's presence on social media says about who they really are. I run the Twitter account for the young adult event I'm on the design team for. I generally follow any one who follows that account (that are real people, not businesses, for the most part). And most of the folks who follow have been to the event. And then they post to Twitter with all sorts of expletives and sometimes hateful things, and it makes me sad…I may have a whole post in me about this…we'll see.
I did finish Charleston, and I started my review post on it. Maybe I'll finish that soon. And I started reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, after much (ok, not much at all) persuasion from Julie.
Oh, and this girl? I miss her. And this picture makes me laugh A LOT.
How have you been?