Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

Workin' For the Weekend

It's so true today (and all week--it's been a rough week--anyone else with me??). I'm headed out of here at 3 p.m. today because this weekend....wait for it....I'm going to Gatlinburg, Tennessee with 150 of my closest middle and high school friends (where we'll meet up with about 5,000 other middle and high school friends). Suicide? Far from it! It's Resurrection, and since I was a 7th grader, one of my favorite weekends of the year.

ResurrectionYouth.com

Resurrection is a weekend all about youth--music, an awesome speaker, and a time for teenagers to think about who they are and who they want to be. I really can't tell you how much I loved attending Resurrection as a youth--and how blessed I am to be able to return as an adult!

The hotel we're staying in this year does have Wi-Fi, but I've decided not to kid myself--there's no way I'll have time to blog or to check in on you lovely ladies (Even though I know I'll be dying to by the time I get home!). I have a terrible tendency to take my laptop everywhere, laboring under the delusion that I won't be busy while I'm out of town. WRONG! It never happens that way! So, I'm trying to break that habit this time. Not taking my laptop means not risking losing it or breaking it when my bag gets thrown into the back of a U-Haul with everyone else's stuff.

{source

Today is also a big day...it's Brown Eyed Belle's BIRTHDAY! So, in honor of her big day, I made her a little button.

 
Go ahead Julie, put it on your blog! And for those of you who aren't Julie, scoot over there and leave her some love today! While I'm in Gburg this weekend, I'll be picking up something for this lovely lady (yes, we're friends in real life!) at a little store called Mr. Tablecloth. (and no, the store isn't as lame as the name makes it sound!) Once I get home and I know Julie's gotten her present, I'll post about it here. (I've already picked it out...just need to pick it up!)


I hope you all have a WONDERFUL weekend! (And Happy Birthday, Julie!)
post signature

No comments: