Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Book Review: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Holy cow, I loved this book.

Loved, loved, loved it.

Couldn't put it down.

{via}

{note: If murder and/or sex crimes make you squeamish or give you nightmares, this book isn't for you.}

From Goodreads:
Mikael Blomkvist, a once-respected financial journalist, watches his professional life rapidly crumble around him. Prospects appear bleak until an unexpected (and unsettling) offer to resurrect his name is extended by an old-school titan of Swedish industry. The catch - and there's always a catch - is that Blomkvist must first spend a year researching a mysterious disappearance that has remained unsolved for nearly four decades. With few other options, he accepts and enlists the help of investigator Lisbeth Salander, a misunderstood genius with a cache of authority issues. Little is as it seems in Larsson's novel, but there is at least one constant: you really don't want to mess with the girl with the dragon tattoo.
The first book in Stieg Larsson's trilogy completely captivated me. 

The communications major in me loved the fact that Blomkvist is a journalist. The side of me that loves watching Law & Order: SVU loved the crime drama. The part of me that loved Nancy Drew and Encyclopedia Brown as a child was fascinated by how all the pieces of this mystery fit together.

It's definitely not a light read, but it's a page-turner for sure. I spent any spare moment I had devouring as much as I could. And I immediately (ok, I waited one whole day) went out and bought the sequel, The Girl Who Played With Fire.

Overall rating:


Have you read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo? Did you love it like I did?


post signature

3 comments:

tara said...

LOVED this trilogy so much that I even watched all 3 of the movies in swedish!

Claire Kiefer said...

You know what--I haven't read this book yet, although it is next on my list! Everyone says it's amazing and it's been on my night stand forever. Just found your blog via Summer's!

Anne said...

All of the movies are "instant" on Netflix! I just finished the 3rd. They are soo good and very well written.