Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Seventh Day of Christmas

Day 7: Holiday Craft/DIY




{apologies for poor picture quality & a craft I made last year...}

Last year I spruced up a store bought pre-lit wreath with a bow and some plastic ornaments. The wreath hangs on my front door (and isn't yet plugged in--based on the location of our outlets, it takes some masterwork by Hubs to be able to have the wreath plugged in while still being able to open the door!), so it was important that any improvements I made to said wreath be weather-resistant.

Here's what I started with:

Pre-lit wreath like this one from Target

Shatterproof ornaments, like these from Walmart
Green floral wire

Christmas ribbon of your choice

Holiday Wreath Tutorial:
Step 1: Get your mom to make you a pretty bow. (sorry, no tutorial. My mom makes awesome bows.--'nough said!)
Step 2: Attach plastic ornaments using floral wire. Thread floral wire through the top of the ornament, then twist both ends of the wire around the wreath form. Arrange ornaments to your liking.
Step 3: Attach bow using the same technique as the ornaments.
Step 4: Hang wreath!


{Like I said, the pictures are terrible. But surely you get the idea??}

Have you ever spruced-up a store-bought decoration?
post signature

No comments: