This recipe is from the Better Homes & Gardens cookbook, the newlywed edition. Hubs and I wanted something quick and easy for dinner, and nothing is easier than crock pot! Throw it on in the morning, eat it at night! Perfection! I made a few tweaks to the original recipe (I almost always do), so my "version" is below.
2 c. sliced baby carrots
1.5 c. chopped onion
1 bay leaf
1 regular pkg chicken breast (3 breasts)
2 t. dried parsley
1 t. dried thyme
.25 t. black pepper
.5 c. water
2 (10.75-oz) cans low-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
1 c. frozen peas
1 (12-oz) package egg noodles
- Place veggies and bay leaf in bottom of crock pot
- Place chicken breasts on top of veggies
- Stir together parsley, thyme, pepper, water and soup. Pour over chicken mixture
- Cook on high for 4-4.5 hours, or on low for 8-9 hours
- After cooking, shred chicken with 2 forks (do this in the crock pot itself, using 2 forks to pull meat apart). Add frozen peas. Mix well.
- Prepare noodles according to package directions
- Serve soup over noodles, or mix noodles directly into soup
We garnished ours with salt, pepper, and some of Trader Joe's Everyday Seasoning. We LOVE the Everyday Seasoning.
We enjoyed the recipe, and it was good enough to make it into the recipe box (only those recipes that we think we'll make again end up in the box!), but we both decided it's probably not something we'll crave. It made a TON, so it would definitely be good to make for a group. It would also be great to take to a family if you ever need to provide a meal. It's a nice twist on chicken noodle soup!
What's your favorite crock pot recipe?