Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

Delicious!

One thing that I love about being a newly wed is getting to cook for my hubs and try new recipes. Tonight, we tried a Pampered Chef recipe, Tangy BBQ Chicken, and it was so good! I'll make a couple of changes the next time around, and I apologize in advance for posting a food blog with no pictures. Bad ABC!

Tangy BBQ Chicken
1 cup BBQ sauce (I used mine and the hubs' favorite, Sweet Baby Rays)
1/4 cup apricot preserves (you can also use peach preserves)
1 tsp thyme leaves (I used ground thyme)
1 whole boiler chicken, quartered (I used 3 chicken breasts--we don't like bones!)

Preheat oven to 350
Mix the first three ingredients in a small bowl
Place chicken on Pampered Chef's Large Bar Pan (or other large dish).
Spoon sauce over chicken.
Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, or until meat thermometer registers 160 degrees

This was wonderful BBQ chicken: tender, juicy, flavorful. This was definitely a sweet BBQ, based on the preserves and on the already-sweet sauce I used. I served it with corn (frozen, prepared on the stove according to package directions), sugar snap peas (frozen, prepared in a steam bag) and biscuits (frozen, prepared according to package directions). So yes, I use frozen foods in my meal preparation. Ain't no shame! I love the frozen veggies, and Pillsbury frozen biscuits are quite good and so easy!

If I had to When I do it over, I'll make these changes:
  • Marinate the chicken in the sauce overnight. If it's good just spooning the sauce on it, a little marinating can only make it better.
  • Add 1.5 tbsp cayenne pepper (or more to taste). As I mentioned before, the sauce is pretty sweet, so the hubs and I tried sprinkling a little cayenne on the already-cooked chicken, and it was delicious. 

Have you tried out any Pampered Chef recipes? What is your favorite?

{and today, I'm thankful for a meal at home with my wonderful husband!}

No comments: